Sunday, December 6, 2009

Corowa Trip

I took the Fibre Party Bus up to the NEVYL (North Eastern Victoria Yarn Lovers) Groups Xmas gathering on Saturday. Since I do have a bus I took a couple of extra yarn nuts with me. My good friend Michelle, a new immigrant from Canada, Megan and I better not forget my hubby. The trip took 3.5 hrs driving each way which we broke up by stopping at Mich's Mum's place to drop off her daughter and grandson. That was a really nice experience for young Megan as she got to see a fair dinkum Aussie vege garden. Not something often seen in the Arctic Circle(a vege garden that is). We lunched at a pub in Corowa then went around to one of the ladies homes for a SnB. Headed home at about 5.30 and got home about 9.30pm. We had a few stops on the way back due to fatigue. Most of the long road photos are taken on one road called, Three Chain Rd.



Here is the meet up at Shaz's place. Wonderful setting, great company, perfect day.This is the bridge to Victoria, Corowa is on the NSW side of the Murray River.

I have never driven down such straight roads!!! We had a bit of excitement on the freeway going up when some IDIOT did a U turn and traveled the wrong way down the freeway to cross at a service point to the other side of the freeway....

Here is what the back of the bus looked like..

SOAP SOAP SOAP

The show went well.  Not as well as I would have liked but well enough... Now it's soap I am doing a lot of...Yet another old craft no...