Monday, January 4, 2010

Farewell to Mother

Mother is off home today.  We take her to the airport at about 1.30pm to be there at 2..She arrives home at about 9.50pm tonight.  Over the last couple of days I decided to knit my niece a little gift.  She's sounded a little flat when I have talked to her lately so I hope it'll cheer her up.
I thought I was using the falkland I spun up a couple of days ago but it turns out that it's the Polwarth I got from NZ...kinda ironic really... It looks lovely and is incredibly soft.




The roving, from the south Island of NZ

Spun up


Tah Dah


Bells modelling it..
Hope you like it Jaz, gives ya a reason to hunt Gran down before she claims it as her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SOAP SOAP SOAP

The show went well.  Not as well as I would have liked but well enough... Now it's soap I am doing a lot of...Yet another old craft no...