Monday, January 18, 2010

Let's party!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOLLYBURTON PARK

We had the great pleasure of being invited to our friends farm to help celebrate 16 yrs of living at HollyBurton Park (Anyone who does patchwork, Colita has great batts for quilts!!).  We have known Rob and Colita for a good many years now and they are one of the few not afraid to ask a family of our size around for a visit.  Colita was one of my first sources for spinning fleece in the local area too.  She has mostly meat sheep but there is a couple of lovely merino x's in her flock.


So anyways, back to the party.  I think about 30 or so people managed to arrive, about 60% of which, were kids.  Colita and Rob, like myself, home school so the kids are the best kids around when they get together.  It was hot on the Saturday, so many went for a swim in the lake.  It wasn't very late when the temp dropped a good 10 degrees and other activities were pursued. 


Here is Colita, our lovely hostess, putting a nice pork leg into the bbq and spicing it up.

It's a great cooker and the food comes out great!!

Here is the banner that the kids made.  Looked fantastic!!!

Rob and a few guest catching up (I'll point out Rob properly below)

These are some photos I took when we went down to the lake for the kids to swim!!

It's a beautiful spot and I have spent quite a few visits down here.  It's not uncommon to light up a fire and cook some food (when there isn't fire danger of course)

Looking back up the hill to the old shearing shed.

The soccer game was hilarious!!!! No bands to tell the teams apart and a lot of banter..


Sorry, was too busy eating, talking and generally having a lovely time to take photos of the party later on...so here we are the next morning.... Farm noises are a lot different than town noises and I was woken up by these guys who were rather disgruntled (hehe) as Colita was late with breakfast....talk about stress!! sounded like they were picking out who look the weakest ready to eat them.....

It was a little dark under the trees (not to mention it was 6.30am) and the flash from the camera actually shut them up for a few minutes.

So anyway, I was awake, so I went for a little walk to take some dawn pics.  The geese were having a great time on the lake..

This pic was a bit  of an experiment, I was walking up the race with the sun in front of me and it looked great coming through the gum...

Here I am...look how tall I am!!!!!

Looking down on the lake again...

The cloud sitting on the hill caught my eye...The farm ends at the top of the gully there I think, just behind the trees by the lake.


One of Colita's girls has a hobby business of eggs and fowl, this is a guinea fowl.  They are great for warning the chickens that a fox is around.  They're pretty flighty too it was hard to get a good photo of them as they kept running away.


Colita has a traditional stonewalled vegetable garden and this lovely stone based bird bath...it looked nice so I took a photo..


The morning after the night before...this is the teen contingent looking very tired.  It wasn't long after this photo that most of them got up for some aerobics (I jest not, it was hilarious!! espcially the antics of Rob and his friend Daniel)

Speak of the devil, Rob on the left, Daniel on the right.


Many thanks to Rob and Colita for a wonderful night, food and company.  And many more happy years at HOLLYBURTON PARK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SOAP SOAP SOAP

The show went well.  Not as well as I would have liked but well enough... Now it's soap I am doing a lot of...Yet another old craft no...