Sunday, April 25, 2010

Market Preparation

So I've been busy doing spinning of yarn to sell at the local Craft Market on the 1st of May.  I bought some 24micron Merino tops for the purpose.

I've been spinning it plain white, planning to dye it as yarn.  This being because you get a different effect when you dye the yarn as opposed to multi coloured braids yet to be spun.

I have varying thicknesses of yarn and weights.  The finest being a true 2ply sock yarn.  So onto some photos...




They're looking a bit shabby like that but if I reskein them they will look totally different.  So I am of two minds..
I also dyed up the BFL/Silk I spun  up for myself..it's a lovely cornflower colour

so, since I was dyeing anyways, I thought I'd do some tops as well.  Normally I would sell these and not have the pleasure of spinning them so it's going to be a treat to spin them up myself.  Here's hoping the yarn sells well so I can do some more..


It looks kind of ordinary like this doesn't it????

So I wave my magic wand and it ends up looking like this....


What can I say....
The biggest problem we have when photographing our product is the colour.  These colours aren't quite true and I would have to mess around with lighting and the flash to get it more true to colour.  There is a lot more pink hue in these tops, so the purples are more purple and there is more depth to the blues..


No comments:

Post a Comment

SOAP SOAP SOAP

The show went well.  Not as well as I would have liked but well enough... Now it's soap I am doing a lot of...Yet another old craft no...