Monday, June 25, 2012

Knitting Knittng Knitting, and a bit of spinning and Dying.

I am trying really hard to give my RSI a good workout.  Alas, my new bamboo needles seem to be keeping it at bay as I have hardly been slack with the knits.  Time for some photographs.


 Firstly is this lovely large shawl.  It was orginally from the same ball as the small red one below but visited the dye pot again as the reds were far to busy and the pattern got lost.
 

 This one is again, Blue Faced Leicester Superwash, A lovely shawlette that doesn't need blocking when washed.
 Blue Faced Leicester Superwash, my favourite medium, it's a most soft wool and very versatile.  Dyed in reds this is a lovely little accessory for any outfit.
 This poncho has been dib'ed by the model if it doesn't sell at the show, it is made from English 56's Superwash.
 This one looked lovely at the time of the photo but it has changed a little since.  It was made from Merino and didn't like to be wash so now looks a little felted.  It doesn't matter for the use of the scarf except to make it a bit sturdier.
I have also made a hat in this time as a gift to my tattooist who has just found out he is quite ill.  I hope he will be fine at the end of his treatments, we are doing another piece on Friday which will be my last for a while I would guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SOAP SOAP SOAP

The show went well.  Not as well as I would have liked but well enough... Now it's soap I am doing a lot of...Yet another old craft no...