Saturday, January 2, 2010

DAY TWO

Day two of hatching sees us with 7 chicks.  There is still one to hatch which we are hoping will happen.  One had a good sized hole in it's shell but then died.  Apparently, this is a fairly good hatch for artificial incubation.  I'll probably transfer them to the nursery tonight if the last hatcher survives.


It's very cute watching them preen while they are still a tad unsteady on their feet.  Can't beat baby animals for the cutesy factor!!!

Edited to add the latest photos of them after I moved them from the incubator to their nursery.  The last egg hatched at about midday.  It's the second little black one.  They still need to huddle under the lamp for a bit but while I had the cover off they all started to eat.  Bodes well for successful raising.


No comments:

Post a Comment

SOAP SOAP SOAP

The show went well.  Not as well as I would have liked but well enough... Now it's soap I am doing a lot of...Yet another old craft no...