Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Picnic in the park..

I organized a picnic on Saturday for my Ravelry group and sent out the invite to others as well but unfortunately, everyone seems to believe the weather forecasters and only the most stalwart turned up.  Ended up 3 of us from Sunbury, one from Werribee and one from the city...

So it was a more 'intimate' gathering but just as much fun.  I chose the venue as it is a great place for the kids.  So my kids just had a ball...

It was the day after my birthday and my eldest daughters birthday.  I made her come with me so we could spend the day together but in true 20yrold style, she mostly stayed in the van sleeping or went for a walk with her brother..that in itself made the day worthwhile.
Here's a couple of pics of the back of the van when I take it out for a Fibre Bus trip...this time...stock is getting less....argh..

Here are the stitch markers and row counters I have been making to take up to SA.

it's actually looking a bit on the empty side.  I seriously need to get another shipment..

One of my dear friends bought a cake to torture me and bless her, even a present..
Here is my cake and goodies...The yarn is Merino/Bamboo, oddly enough, from my good friend who I am visiting in SA..I do have some of it already so I know it's yummy...now to knit it...


We didn't actually get to light the candles as it was getting a little breezey by this time...
so we went through the motions...lol...


Here are my friends...and ever tolerant better half.  Won't put their names up since this is a public post.  Needless to say, the three ladies facing us here, are regulars at our local SnB (stitch/spin n bitch) meetings.  And I saw them again the next day for that event!!

So a day of spinning, talking, good company and CHOCOLATE CAKE.....
can't think of a better combination...

No comments:

Post a Comment

SOAP SOAP SOAP

The show went well.  Not as well as I would have liked but well enough... Now it's soap I am doing a lot of...Yet another old craft no...