Sunday, June 6, 2010

Latest Project


I have just finished a traditional Faroese shawl for myself.  I used the Shetland I blended with silk.  Plan was just to use that but I ended up padding it with some other bits.

So the dark black is Shetland blended with dyed silk, the lighter black is English Leicester/Finnx from my friend Jane (Moseley Park, SA).  The coloured stripes are left overs mostly, from the bottom, Merino, bunny blend (rabbit/Merino) and Corriedale.

The pattern starts off with 475 sts, and I didn't follow the pattern I used but put my own take on it.  It has raised rows of garter sts and every 4th rep is eyelet, the body is stst with a garter sts boarder.




I really love how it's turned out.  I would like to make another one in lighter yarns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SOAP SOAP SOAP

The show went well.  Not as well as I would have liked but well enough... Now it's soap I am doing a lot of...Yet another old craft no...