Monday, October 24, 2011

Henna Tattoos.....(Not everyone is artistic)


I found a local seller of henna for hair dye and asked if it was any good for tattoos.  She didn't know and offered to send me a sample to give it ago.  Lisa was wonderful for doing this and her online shop is Supernaturals,  I got all my info on doing henna tattoos from Henna Tribe


I mixed my paste and left it for about 8 hours. I think 12 would have been better as it wasn’t too warm on that day. I think heat would have some effect on it. I just used lemon juice but some ppl add essential oils, sugar or honey as well. I thought the paint brushes would be ok but ended up making a piping bag out of grease proof paper. Some kind of squeezy bottle with a fine nozzle would be better or someone suggested a snaplock bag with a small hole in the corner.
So I applied the paste.
and frankly, I suck at it...

Then you leave it to dry.

It darkens as it dries.

The girls I have talked to say to wrap it at this stage and keep it on for a good 12 hrs but I just ended up picking it off when it was completely dry and cracked.

If I had wrapped it it would have been darker.

It has darkened a bit over the last couple of days..

So in summary, unless you are really arty, you'll need to practice.
And you need a really fine nozzle of some sort to make a really good job of it.

I, personally, will use it for hair dye...and maybe keep practicing..what else are kids good for?


No comments:

Post a Comment

SOAP SOAP SOAP

The show went well.  Not as well as I would have liked but well enough... Now it's soap I am doing a lot of...Yet another old craft no...