Friday, December 11, 2009

The Boys Room

As usual my timing is impeccable, my mother arrives on Monday and my sciatic nerve is pinched. I am under orders NOT to do anything to set my progress back by the chiropractor and I am redecorating my boys room. Started out that we got some carpet squares cheap so decided to pull up the carpet in their room which was basically a health hazard. Once it was done, the tongue and groove was in too good a nick to recover it so we decided to varnish it instead.

And of course, since the room was empty and the walls were pretty messed up I thought (in my wisdom) that we may as well paint them as well. Of course I was probably thinking that I could get others to do it (not mentioning any names) but if you want something done properly, do it yourself. I tried to get the boys to prep the walls, fill holes, sand off the plaster etc. But they have done a pretty crap job. Since I give it about, hmmmm, 2 wks till there is a hole "that no one did" I'm not worrying too much. Today I did the roof, got the boys to do the skirting boards, then after seeing what a crap job they did of them, did them again myself. Gave the walls a quick coat with the roof paint..
Before
After

I was all set to get the hubster to roll the walls when he got home when I remembered we have a date for dinner with friends..."DOH"...will see how I feel afterwards...The colour is a pale blue....but never fear...I have some other plans up my sleeve before it's done. Watch this space....

No comments:

Post a Comment

SOAP SOAP SOAP

The show went well.  Not as well as I would have liked but well enough... Now it's soap I am doing a lot of...Yet another old craft no...