Wednesday, February 10, 2010

On a roll...and Loving the Storm watching!

We had a massive series of storm fronts came over today...Huge thunder and lightening...and rain....
lots and lots of rain...BIG DROPS...

Our street is prone to flooding if the rain comes down too heavy..
below is the drain next to our house spewing water out the top...
ie, backing up...the road was one huge puddle at this stage.
Luckily there was a few breaks in the heaviness of the rain.
Good thing is..the pool is near to overflowing..

I tried my hardest to get a photo of some lightening....almost succeeded...
I really love storms!!! Bella and I stood on the front porch for about an hour watching it..

Fuzzy photo but a crackin shot of the lightening in the top right corner...
and here is some of the fronts coming through..

This was 2pm in the afternoon..check out how dark it is...I was swimming at 10.30am in brilliant sunshine
They're still coming through now...great to have the big wet...

Here is the other thing I managed to get done today...

I orginally dyed and spun this bluefaced Leicester fleece then blended it with like coloured tussah silk.
I was going to make a knitted something with it but with my RSI, it's impossible, so I put it on my Ashford Knitters Loom.

I still have to wash and block it so my tassels here aren't curly..
Pretty pleased with the outcome..

I'm limited to about 50cm wide which is a bugger...that being said....I don't know if I would piss around with a larger one very much.  Might have to sew a couple of wraps together next time...will use thicker wool than this lace weight though...

1 comment:

  1. the more I see work from the knitters loom, the more I am tempted to get one, love the colours :-)

    ReplyDelete

SOAP SOAP SOAP

The show went well.  Not as well as I would have liked but well enough... Now it's soap I am doing a lot of...Yet another old craft no...